terms and conditions & license agreement
Below are the terms of the license agreement for the use of the Plan Sets. These are included in the drawings set that you purchase. By purchasing a Plan Set you are stipulating that you have read and agree to these and any additional terms and conditions included on our website and the place of purchase, that you have read the terms and agree with them.
License Agreement for Use of Plans
Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd and the directors and employees of Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd assume no liability for any home, portion of a home, or other structure which may be built from any plans, specifications, schedules, drawings or the like provided by Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd. The purchaser of these plans is responsible for reading and complying with the following before the start of construction. All materials provided by Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd and including but not limited to the documentation included in the downloaded Plan Sets, specifications, schedules, drawings, images and any additional documentation provided in relation to the home will be referred to as ‘the Plans’.
A. Use of the Plans
1. These Plans remain the property of Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd. These Plans are protected by Federal and International Copyright Laws. Any use of the information contained herein beyond the one-time use authorized by a purchase of the Plans, or any duplication, publication, sale or distribution of the Plans or any part of the Plans without the prior written consent of Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd represents a violation of Federal Laws subject to the prescribed penalties.
2. A purchase of the Plans is for planning purposes only. The Plans as they are provided are not for construction purposes and no duplication is allowed. A purchase of the Plans grants the purchaser as "Licensee" the right to use such documents for the planning of a single home. A single purchase of the Plans allows duplication prints solely for the purpose of planning permits for that single home. Purchaser acknowledges that all rights of ownership, title, and interest in the copyrights, plans and derivatives remain with Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd. Modified plans are considered derivatives of the original and receive the same copyright protection even if completely redrawn. License for use of the Plans ends with the completion of the house (occupancy). Plans are not transferrable to a third party under any circumstances without the express approval of Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd.
3. Any use of the Plans, or modifications of the Plans, by purchasers, builders or others is done at their own risk.
4. The Licensee should have the Plans reviewed and the structural systems designed by a local professional architect or engineer to ensure suitability and compliance with local regulations and conditions before the start of construction. The information contained in the Plans is to indicate design intent and basic detailing. It is the builder's responsibility to provide standard construction details and practices which will result in a structurally sound and weatherproof finished product.
B. Content of the Plans
1. These Plans do not include any electrical, plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings due to the wide variety of local codes and climatic conditions. Licensee should have a local electrical engineer, mechanical engineer or builder provide these drawings as may be required for permits and construction. The Licensee must have a local architect or licensed engineer provide a site-specific foundation and structural design.
2. These Plans provide ideas and concepts and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details. Variations in standard sizes of window and door brands and types and use of different materials and thicknesses can change details. Varying local codes, ordinances, regulations, foundation requirements, and the layout of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems can also change details.
C. Builder's Responsibility
1. It is the responsibility of the builder to ensure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable International, National, State, and Local Building Codes. It is the builder's responsibility to ensure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable Construction Standards.
2. It is the responsibility of the builder to ensure that all manufactured articles, material, and equipment are applied, installed, connected, erected, used, cleaned, adjusted, operated and conditioned as directed by the manufacturers. The Builder shall follow all instructions to sustain and preserve all expressed or implied warranties and guarantees.
3. It is the responsibility of the builder to ensure that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality.
4. It is the responsibility of the builder to check all dimensions and details for overall accuracy appropriate to the local conditions and the final selection of materials such as masonry, floor joists, lumber, structural members, construction panels, roofing, etc., all of which can create variations in dimensions and details.
1. Any names of materials and manufacturers shown on the Plans do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd. Final selections of materials are the responsibility of the homeowner and/or builder, including, but not limited to proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the Plans, and over which Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd has no control or responsibility. Archetype Building Design Studios Pty Ltd shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or deficiencies in any form by any party whatsoever.